What is radial pressure Wave Therapy (SHOCKWAVE)
Radial pressure waves are acoustic waves that generate oscillations in the tissue. The wave hits the body at skin surface and from there travels radially into the body to a depth of around 2 inches. In the body, the pressure waves stimulate metabolic activity and the body’s intrinsic healing mechanism.
Treatment goals of Shockwave therapy are to help
* Reduce muscle pain and aches.
* Temporarily increase blood flow.
* Activate connective tissue
Benefits of radial pressure wave therapy:
* Short treatment times
* Treat large areas
* Non invasive and no known significant adverse effects
* Results in a few treatments
* Alternative to medication
* Shockwave therapy is very effective in treating any time of tendinopathy (tendonitis, tennis elbow etc.), TMJ, Frozen shoulder syndrome, Plantar Fasciitis, Achilles Tendonitis, trigger point therapy.